The Sleep Out for Simon event is about showing solidarity with those who haven’t got a place to call home. Our goal is not to replicate their experience or pretend to be homeless. But by coming together for one night, and by giving up our usual comforts, we aim to raise awareness, and funds in support of individuals and families facing homelessness in the West during this critical time of need.
The virtual Event is organised and controlled by Galway Simon Community (Registered Charity No. 20018962).
- Only registered Participants are eligible to take part in the Event.
- A personalised iDonate fundraising page will be generated for each Participant upon registration. Registered Participants will also receive helpful info, fundraising tips and ideas by email.
Health & Safety, Legal and Medical
- Registered Participants are responsible for organising their own fundraising activities. You must run all activities in line with all relevant laws and guidance, including Public Health guidelines regarding coronavirus (Covid-19).
- Participants are responsible for ensuring they are sufficiently fit and healthy to take part. If a participant is unsure of their physical ability to take part, they must seek medical advice from their General Practitioner. Although we are encouraging Participants to find an unusual place in their home or garden to sleep, all locations chosen by Participants must be suitable and safe i.e. ensure that locations chosen will not result in harm to either yourself or others participating with you.
Sponsorship Monies & Donations
- Money that you raise on your iDonate fundraising page is sent directly to Galway Simon Community, minus the small transaction costs that all payment providers charge. You don’t need to take any action, your job is simply to spread the word as far and wide as possible about your fundraising goal.
Sponsorship cards are also available on request and any funds raised offline can be easily added to your fundraising page, here’s how.
For alternative options to return offline funds please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 091 381828.
Use of Your Information
By providing your information when you register for the event, Galway Simon Community will use this for the purposes of organising and administering the event. Galway Simon may also contact you to discuss your fundraising activity.
To create your personalised iDonate fundraising page, the information you provide on registration will be provided to iDonate for the sole purpose of creating you and your team’s page(s).
Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending other communications to you, where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about Galway Simon.
Please note that participation in the Event is entirely at your own risk and, so far as permitted by law, Galway Simon Community shall not be liable in connection with your fundraising or the Event, nor for any consequential, indirect or special losses incurred.