Our online live-stream will kick start from 6 pm
You can tune into our schedule of activities and entertainment throughout the night — or pick and choose activities to join on your own timeline! This will be streamed here on Friday, so be sure to tune in.
6 pm – We go live!
- Our fantastic MCs, Micheál Ó Ciaraidh & Ciara King will open the night from Studio @ 5!
- They will announce our special competition taking place for those who are virtually sleeping out- make sure to listen in so you can enter!
- They will also link in with The Galway Player who will team up with Jon Richards in Galway Bay FM to do live-interviews with those virtually sleeping out throughout the night.
From 6.30 pm
Something for everyone, including the kids!
- We will have an engaging kids friendly art activity with Jennifer Cunnigham, a visual artist based in Galway.
- We will have music from the wonderful Galway City Chamber Choir.
- Our client, Helen*, will share her and her family’s story about how Galway Simon supported them to move on from homelessness
- The little ones taking part can tune into the show Bláth, from Branar at 8 pm. This non-verbal show will enchant audiences as they enter a world made entirely of paper.
From 8.30 pm
More updates, stories and music
- We will have a live-link in with Galway Bay FM and the participants in Tuam who will play some music in the Square.
- A past client from our Youth Service, Eve, will tell her story on how she became at risk of homelessness and how Galway Simon supported her.
- Our Occupational Therapist, Fiona, will speak about the importance of our wrap around Health & Wellness Services.
- The wonderful Galway Simon Music Project will share a number of songs they have recorded during lockdown via Zoom.
From 9.30 pm
Local musicians, a virtual quiz and more
- The Galway Player & Galway Bay FM will link in with more participants taking part in the County.
- Our long-term supporter, Sharon Fitzmaurice, will share her story on how she hosted her very own sleep out 6 years ago in her back garden.
- The Great Big This is Galway Quiz (Virtual Sleep Out version) will be hosted by Mal Duggan.
- A number of local Musicians including Padraig Jack, Rofi James, Katie O’Connor, and John Connelly will play a set in the studio.
From 11.30 pm
Final live-link in and a wrap up message
- The Galway Player & Galway Bay FM will do a live interview with Galway Simon’s CEO, Karen Golden, on Shop Street.
- The wonderful Leo Moran of the Saw Doctors will play a good night tune before we all bed down for the night.
A closing message
- To close the night, we will have a special message from Galway Simon’s frontline staff.
The Countdown Is On!
You can still register to take the challenge and virtually sleep out for one night on Friday, October 2nd!